Thursday, June 4, 2009

Me, Esq.

I'm back (dun, dun, duuuuuun)...!

At the risk of disappointing everyone reading this blog (which, if I was really honest about who was actually reading this hogwash, I should emphasize the "one" part over the "every" part...)(you know who you are)(::snort::), I need to come clean and confess that, no, I am neither a guinea pig nor a hermit crab, nor is my name actually Beto. Beto (God rest his soul) was indeed once the name of a hermit crab, and is very likely still the name of some fortunate hermit crab somewhere in the world, but the aforementioned Beto is now less hermit crab and more fertilizer. Thus my dearly departed friend is completing the circle of life under the stairs of my old apartment, inside a rainbow colored box, which by now my former landlord has undoubtedly discovered tucked in the soils of her prized bougainvilleas.

You'll also no doubt already have been relieved to discover that, although I am neither pig nor crab nor Beto, I am still in love with run-on sentences and somewhat questionable syntax. Though this is contrary to one of my stated goals in starting this blog (i.e. to improve my writing skills...), it is nevertheless true. See -- run on sentences and passive voice. Yeah, I'm a rebel. Keep reading; I might soon start splitting infinitives (OHH!! Take that!).

So I was going somewhere with all this when I started...

Oh yes, it was to say that I am now once again receiving visitors to my little corner of the institution. Why? Because I can. Because I POWER BLOGGER. It's true. It says so right there on the left (as opposed to being left there on the right). Go ahead and look -- I'll wait until you're done. I'll even keep your seat warm for you. Anyways, no need to repeat that point (too late...) since we already established that part many moons ago when I first started this drivel (http://starkravingblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/day-2.html)(textual evidence, yo).

But back to my original point (wait, was there one to begin with...?): it's because sometimes all I desire to do (passive voice!!) is share some drivel with the world, and it's just not appropriate to do so on my other blog, which is supposed to be all serious and stuff.

With that, I give you Things That Make Me Say, "I Don't Get It" #6: Men who wear tank tops in public. There are appropriate exceptions to this fashion travesty of course, like say if you're at the beach, or say you're a professional athlete and it's part of your uniform, or say you're Ahnald and you're carrying a rocket launcher because you're fighting for your life against a vicious extraterrestrial game hunter. But for the most part, it looks like you forgot something because maybe you were talking on your cell phone when you walked out the door this morning or something. Maybe I'm just out of touch with what the cool kids think is stylish these days. I don't get it.

OK, peace out.

6 comments:

Marianne said...

You make me giggle. And smile. But especially giggle.

Just Call Me Cailin said...

I read beginning to end of all entries! I feel accomplished. [I do the oddest things simply because I can.] I sort of follow your wife-to-be on FictionPress. She's a brilliant writer, and actually I'm supposed to be turning one of her works into a manga [mention that and she may know me...just hopefully she won't want to throw things...I've been wanting my art to improve before I dared to try to make POGA come to 'visual' life. >___<]

I digress. Though, I doubt I actually had a point, now that I think of it. At least, not a point that could be formulated into concise sentences that would convey coherent meaning without my sounding like a prepubescent prat. [I talk too much. And I abuse syntax.]

Oh! Except I recall a particular spiel that is rather pointless in saying, but still I insist upon typing it…and that would be...that now you have someone who will likely comment and say more than you will like her to whenever she remembers to stop by. [How unfortunate for you and this comment space.] Thanks for sharing your, as you put it, 'drivel'. It is quite the satisfying venue for entertainment for sad bits like me, who haven't got the social life to stabilize proper communications and have to live vicariously through others.

Win said...

Well, I'm certainly impressed you made it through all of it and still haven't felt the need to tell my fiancee to run the other direction as fast as she can :P Best of luck with your graphic novel endeavors (because, you know, we can't call them "comic books" any more...) -- if it's any predictor of your manga-success, I did find your comment rather entertaining :)

Cailin said...

Oh, don't be impressed. It was quite a delightful ride. Any good piece of prose is worthy of exploration. It's no great feat if it is read. ^___^ [Don't feed my ego...I like to think I can be impressive, which is just sad...Some nifty eyebrow wiggling would go over well right here.]

Why on earth would I tell your fiancée to run? Intelligent people with the fear of God and a good sense of humor are so hard to come by these days! That'd be like passing up a fat free donut that doesn't taste like paste and cardboard. O___O

Thank you. I lack the sophistication to have my works be called 'graphic novels,' though. I just fail to take myself seriously enough for such things. 'Comic books' and 'manga' are just my speed. That way I won't be falsely advertising. Don't want anyone shocked when they read my stuff and find that I make just about the same sense as I do in actual conversation when I've worked hard over a plot-line. Hurrrr. [<~Which is an, truly, unattractive way of laughing.]

Oi. I’m glad you were more entertained than alarmed by my message, then. I’m socially challenged, so I have this nifty tendency to scare people away. [I’m the Boogie Man in a skirt, yo!] Hahaha, no, I’m not nearly so tragic. The pictorial image is worth lingering over, though.

Win said...

Well, whether prose or otherwise, it's certainly a piece of something... Enjoy the ride :)

And when you find out where to get those donuts, let me know (not the paste/cardboard ones, mind you; I already know where to get those...). I frequently find myself in the grocery store picking up a box of donuts, carrying it around for the duration of my stay in the store, thinking better of purchasing them and returning said box to it's original space on the shelf before checking out... It's like I just need to be near them for a little while, even if I don't buy them. Anyways, that's more than you ever wanted to hear about my donut issues...

Cailin said...

Hahahah...

I hate that. I have talked myself out of many a donut, cookie, and the like. In those moments, I just know I'm going to be haunted with that treat for the rest of the week. It's somewhat disheartening, too, when I look at the packages I do find myself purchasing. I'm sure the produce, had it had any sense about itself, would have been offended by my bias. #___#

Ah, well. I'll let you know if those donuts pop up. I won't be holding my breath, though. Man-made products that are intended to be healthy seem to be manufactured to taste like sawdust.