Thursday, June 11, 2009

Steve Zissou is My Hero

Well, not really...

But since today is Jacques Cousteau's birthday, I figured I should at least make some passing mention of the fictional character who parodies him... I mean, Mssr. Cousteau would never have had this conversation:

Oseary Drakoulias: You must swear, legally swear that you will not kill that shark, or whatever it is, if it actually exists.
Steve Zissou: I'm going to fight it, but I'll let it live. Now what about my dynamite?


Which is perhaps why he's not being quoted here now. Sorry, Jacques...

Anyways, I was going somewhere with all that...

Well, not really...

3 comments:

Cailin said...

Hahaha...I live in a box [that or it is a really small closet], so I'm going to make myself sound really lame when I ask: "What, exactly, were you quoting from?"

Win said...

"The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou." It's a Wes Anderson movie, starring Bill Murray as Steve Zissou, and also starring Anjelica Huston, Michael Gambon, Willem Dafoe (who is quite amusing in this) and Jeff Goldblum (who is brilliant as usual). Wes Anderson fans generally consider it his weakest movie, but I actually like it much much more than any of his other movies. ...which may be a good indicator that I'm probably not a Wes Anderson fan...

Cailin [The Moose Herder] said...

Hah...Oh, I see...I will have to give it a gander...put a little culture in my life. [I seriously live in a closet with a compy and PC tablet. ~___~]