Monday, July 7, 2008

Day 118

Hope you all had a great 4th of July! I had a pretty good one myself, but then again any event that involves BBQs and fireworks is a pretty good event in my view. I mean, what can be more American than eating too much and blowing things up, right?

Try not to read too much meaning into that last statement...


Things That Make Me Say, "I Don't Get It"
#2: People who smoke when it's over 100 degrees out. The last couple weeks have been scorching here in Southern California. We've had brief moments of relief in the past few days, but on the whole, it has seriously been hot outside. Crank-the-air- conditioner-in-the-car-even-though-it's-still-the-morning-commute hot. Yet there are people in my office building who stand out in the sun for long periods of time, during the hottest parts of the day, getting pummeled by the intense UV rays and the baking heat, all while sucking down the smoke from leaves that they have set aflame. I don't get it.

No comments: