Monday, April 28, 2008

Day 48

Someone commented on yesterday's post! After being online for 47 days, my presence has finally been acknowledged. Thank You to my anonymous commentor!

Now if you are still reading this blog and would be willing to indulge me further, can you let me know what part of the world you're in and how you came across this blog? Thanks in advance!

So..... Time for me to figure out the next steps for this experiment. Originally, I was only looking to see how long I'd have to be here before someone responed to me. Given that my commentor remained anonymous, I can't really say that my online alter ego really knows someone else, or is actually known by anyone. But perhaps this is an inherent flaw in my experiment -- I have purposely kept my own personal information (other than my location in the world) out of this forum, so it would be silly of me to expect that a commentor would divulge his/her own true identity (What, did you really think that I was actually a guinea pig or a hermit crab? Sorry to burst your bubble if I did. Kinda hard to type with that one oversized claw, you know... And if I was a guinea pig, my posts would be little more than "queek queek queek queek queek...") If my intention was to see how long it would take for someone to actually get to know me through nothing except this blog, I'd be here for quite a bit longer -- it takes a lifetime to get to know someone in person as is, so I can't expect that it would take any less time whilst only communicating through a mechanical box and an LCD screen.

The real question then can't really ever be answered though any measure of blogging and commenting -- that is, what do we need to know about a person and what do we need them to know about us before we consider them an acquaintance? What then would we need from a friend?

No comments: