Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Dia Primera

Welcome to the blog-o-sphere!
Why, thank you kindly.
What brings you to these parts?
Well, boredom mostly. Did you hear that report on NPR today about how we come up with our greatest ideas when we're bored?
... Um, sorry, but this isn't one of those...

I see... But it's nice to see you anyways.
Want to hear me recite the Greek alphabet forward and backward?
Um, I have to go now, and do some, you know, stuff that I told someone I'd do...
But wait...! Alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon ...

Uh, ok, sure. I really have to go now. See you around.
Zeta, eta, theta, iota ...


In the interests of full disclosure, so as not to falsely advertise, the exchange above will probably be as sophisticated as we get here. After all, I did promise in the title that it probably wouldn't make sense. So in that regard, I've actually advertised rather truthfully. I mean, did you really expect something from a guy who says he's a hermit crab, yet whose profile picture is a guinea pig eating broccoli to make logical sense? Didn't think so...

The occasion is no less momentous, however, since this is my FIRST BLOG POST EVER! Call it a social experiment if you will. I'll try to post something each day, and wait to see how many days elapse before I get a comment denoting that someone has actually visited this page. Recently published studies claim that my fellow Gen-Y'ers prefer cyberspace over real space, so it will be interesting to see how long one must wander the desolate shores of the internet before being noticed my another. Although I'm actually one of those who prefers "real space" to cyberspace, I will not be advertising this blog to any "real" acquaintances, nor will I be linking this from any other pages. Just waving my little flag over here and seeing how long it takes before someone waves back (and getting a little writing practice in the process).

Feel free to comment, especially if you're the first person here. Thus we shall declare the (not so) grand experiment BEGUN.

Until we meet, then!
Let the (not so) grand experiment begin!

No comments: