Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Day 15

Today is Make Up Your Own Holiday Day! Umm… and at the moment I’m seriously devoid of the creativity required to come up with one… Not that I have any problem with the holidays that already exist today – today, after all, is also Legal Assistants Day, Robert Frost’s birthday (OK, so that’s not really a holiday. Except maybe for Robert Frost.), and Independence Day in Bangladesh. In other words, there’s plenty reason to celebrate already. I should just forgo coming up with my own holiday and just find a Bangladeshi legal assistant to read a Robert Frost poem to. Of course, it’s also Tennessee William’s birthday, so maybe I need to read the Frost poem to the Bangladeshi legal assistant’s cat whilst standing on a hot tin roof instead. Hmmm. Given the difficulty of getting all these pieces of the puzzle in one place at one time, I can understand why somebody decided to just make today’s holiday up for grabs. I mean, what good is a holiday that we can’t celebrate, right? Still, I feel like we’d be wasting today’s actual holidays if we were to just make something new up. Seems more sustainable, more green if you will, to use what’s already there. So with that spirit in mind, get out there and have yourselves a Happy Prince Jonah Kuhio Kalaniana’ole Day!

No comments: