Friday, February 11, 2011

Myers Avenue Red

The Pooj thinks he can hear the ocean from here.
(Rocket Fizz Valencia, October 2010)

Cripple Creek Brewing, creators of Myers Avenue Red Root Beer, allegedly began as a back-up venture for a failed Colorado gold prospector. While I wouldn’t tell them to keep mining, I don’t know that I would tell them to keep calling their beverage “root beer” either… Don’t get me wrong – I don’t think the beverage is bad – I just don’t think it tastes like root beer. In fact, with its strong dose of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, I think it actually tastes more like carbonated eggnog. So move over, Frostie – we have ourselves a new official holiday fizzy beverage: Myers Avenue Red Eggnog Soda.


OK, fine, there’s a little bit of a root beer aftertaste. But I still like it better when I think of it as eggnog… I give it a 2.

No comments: