Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dang! That's Good

The Pooj is about to wash someone’s mouth with soap. 
(Old Town House of Jerky & Root Beer, May 2012)

Despite my numerous previous assertions to a newly-minted healthier diet, I’m going to be posting a flurry of root beers in the next few weeks.  Given the lackluster results described in my previous posting, I’m going to have to blast through some of the older items in my collection in an attempt to stave off any additional potential spoilage.  So here goes…

If you’ll recall from my previous Dang! experience, there wasn’t much information out there about Dang! beyond the Dang! little ditty about Imperial Flavors.  Well, that hasn’t changed at all in the past year, so I still don’t have any more Dang! background to offer.  Consequently, I’ll keep my foray into Dang! That’s Good’s regular root beer Dang! brief: there’s not much scent coming straight out of the bottle, save for a very very slight generic root-y scent.  Pouring it into a glass doesn’t make any difference, though it does demonstrate its lack of head.  There’s nothing remarkable about the taste – it’s generically root-y, just like the scent, and it’s pretty sweet, though the sweetness actually has some depth and richness to it.  Unfortunately, that slightly caramel-y sweetness doesn’t extend to the aftertaste, which is a little watery.

Were I pressed to choose, I think the Dang! Butterscotch variety is better.  While it’s not bad, Dang! That’s Good Root Beer isn’t all that Dang! good – sorry granny.  I’ll give it a 2.5.
 

No comments: