Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sprecher Root Beer

The Pooj studies the ingredients list.

(Rocket Fizz, June 2010)


My initial reaction is that this is sweeter than I remembered it being – probably because it uses both honey and HFCS as sweeteners. That having been said, I actually don’t mind that it’s sweeter, since it has a nice honey flavor. Overall, it’s smooth and even a little creamy.


Sprecher also makes a Honey Cream Soda, which, I dare say, I actually like better than their root beer due to the even stronger honey flavor. The fact that both come in 16 oz. bottles also adds to their charm, since that means the fun lasts longer…


The one thing keeping Sprecher from popping into the elusive “5” bubble is that I would have liked a stronger root beer flavor. But again, since there’s a nice honey flavor/smoothness, I don’t particularly mind that it’s not as root-y as I usually prefer.


All in all though, since I still really liked Sprecher and this is, after all, a subjective rating, I give it a solid 4.


1 comment:

Marianne said...

I have to agree with you on the Pooj on this one. It was pretty darned good.